Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A few small crafts

I've been obsessed with Pinterest ever since Rebecca gave me an invite.  I'm finding outfits, recipes and DIY crafts.  I've never been a DIY kind of person and I'm actually looking forward to finding more and more things to do.  I now have to find the time to complete all these projects.

The other Sunday, while waiting for my new King bed to be delivered, I decided to knock out a few smaller crafts that I'd seen on Pinterest.

The first was making my own infinity scarf via Pinterest.  I've fallen in love with infinity scarves as they are perfect with any outfit.  The best part of the infinity scarf is you don't have to worry about the sides being uneven while wrapping around your neck.

I'd had this scarf in my closet and I'd worn it a few times and knew it'd be perfect for this craft.

The instructions were super simple:
I matched the two ends together and started to tie them together until all ends were tied together.  I made sure that the knot was super secure as I didn't want it to unravel.  I then cut off all the extra strings and viola!  I had my own DIY infinity scarf.
And here's a photo of the finished product.


Another project that I couldn't wait to do was this memory jar via Pinterest.  We have so many tickets from our travels and concerts.  I didn't have a large enough mason jar but I'm on the lookout for one.  Here's what I've started thus far and hope to find a larger mason jar soon.




And the next one is just so smart.  Freezing chopped green onions to help speed up prep time via Pinterest.
I know they are only good frozen for about 3 weeks and I do a lot of cooking and I hate throwing the left over green onions out b/c we didn't use them quick enough when in the fridge.
Tip-make sure to dry the bottle and green onions thoroughly as moisture will just add freezer burn to the onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment