Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Try Try Again

If you saw my last post, you know that I was growing wary of the viability of actually completing a Pinterest DIY.  Since I already had bought a bounty of supplies, I decided to give the jewelry making one more chance.  I chose the braided hex nut bracelet, as linked from the same pin as the first "pinattempt."

The website called for twine, but I just bought some plain black cord for a cleaner look (plus I didn't like any of the twine at the store I went to).  It started off easy, just cutting and braiding, (I will do better at taking pictures along the way in the future), but then came the dexterity part. Stringing on the hex nuts and braiding them into the bracelet took quite the strong hand.  I will say the directions were EXCELLENT, although executing took some practice. 

As you take on this task, heed the instructions - keep your thumb underneath each hex nut as you braid and hold TIGHT! Do not let go the entire time; it helps to even hold the last few in place with the other fingers of your hand.  This is not really something you can start and come back to later.  Plan on finishing the entire bracelet. And you will be glad you did.  It looks really cool & unique.

My only issue is, there are no instructions on really how to connect the ends.  I guess you can just tie it together, but that may get bulky.  I am still working on that part, but can't wait to wear my new creation! I am so glad I didn't give up on Pinterest.

Braided Hex Nut Bracelet - SUCCESS!







No comments:

Post a Comment