I am obsessed with using my slow cooker. I want to use it for everything. And through this pin I found-I made a dessert with my slow cooker. I find making dinner in the slow cooker yields plenty of left overs for Joel and I. And with desserts, I can always send them with Joel to share with co-workers or take them on our Tahoe trip and hope that everyone enjoys them after a day on the mountain.
Chocolate covered peanut clusters were really easy to make. I was out running errands one day and decided to make it. I was at Target and not a regular grocery store so my ingredients didn't match the original recipe. Though I feel it turned out just as great.
Ingredients:
1 jar of dry roasted peanuts salted
2 packages of premier white chips
1 package of milk chocolate chips
1 package of peanut butter chips
1 package of ghirardelli chocolate
And here's what it looked like after I layered the chocolates with the peanuts. I cooked it on LOW for 3:30.
I read on another recipe that you should check it after 2 hours and here's what it looked like.
And then I let it sit for 20 mins after turning the heat off after 3:30 and I went to town scooping out the clusters onto wax paper.
This was the part I was worried about-as the original instructions were just scoop out. I didn't know what to use or how big to make them. As soon as I got going on the first couple I was able to gauge how big to make them. I used regular table spoons for scooping.
And here's a close up shot of them-while letting them cool
After letting them cool for 4 hours I decided it was time to taste one and put them in containers for Tahoe and another container for Joel to bring to his co workers. They were great!
I think they were a bit too chocolatey and needed a few more peanuts.
No comments:
Post a Comment